- This adorable three-piece dress set from Tirion Designs in Tharsis Estates is inspired by American McGee's revamp of Lewis Carroll's classic story of a young girl's trip through the rabbit hole, featuring the same blood spattered apron detail and the Neptune and Jupiter symbols embroidered on the pockets as the gothic game heroine. I've turned it back towards a sweeter direction to suit my love for Gothic Lolita fashion, which is what drew me to the outfit initially. I will admit that the mesh of this outfit, in particular the top, could stand to be a bit cleaner and smoother, but it's not enough to keep me from wearing this dress to death this weekend!
- I've layered some very sheer makeup, including pastel blue eyeshadow and bright rosy blush, over a pale skin from Moxxi in Port Town. I'm also wearing a wavy blond hairstyle from Shade City. I've kept several elements of this look from my Angel costume from earlier this week, to make the costume look sweeter and more innocent. Because this dress is based on a not-so-innocent Alice, however, the hair and makeup would be the first place to start if you want to goth it up more than I have.
- I added a pair of pink satin rabbit ears from Pink Fizzy Soda Designs in Gaia. They give the outfit a cuter flavor, and though they're not entirely accurate to Alice's character, they're definitely in theme!
- A pair of slouchy lace tights from BS! in Misty Hollow are a perfect accessory for this look, playing on the lace trim of the skirt. I'm also wearing shoes from Moxxi. I picked dark shoes to break up the line of the stockings, and also to mirror Disney's classic Alice with her white tights and black mary janes.
- I've taken my pictures in New Venice, which is vivid enough that it's always reminded me a little of Wonderland. Another thing you may notice is that my pictures are a bit larger and clearer than normal! This is due to the camera controls in the newest client version. Camera controls have been on my (and many shutter-happy fashionistas') Blue Mars wishlist forever, so I'm really excited about this new feature. It takes some practice to get a hang of them, so check out the Camera Control tutorial first!
Friday, October 29, 2010
I like to think I've saved the best costumes for last, since this will be my outfit at the Monster Ball tonight at 6pm PDT! I'll be there looking for the coolest, cutest, and most creative Martian costumes to reward with BLU$ prizes! Here are all the details on how I styled this costume to suit my style -- don't be afraid to restyle it yourself for the Ball and blow my look out of the water!