- As I mentioned, both the hat and top are from Tirion Designs in Tharsis Estates [Blink Teleport to City]. I love the little tie detail in the center of the keyhole cutout, and while I find the hat is a little bulky, this is done so you can wear different hairstyles underneath it. Ultimately this makes it more versatile than a hat with a built-in hairstyle, even if it means looking a bit loose around the sides. Layer the hat closer to your body, and your hair farther away, to remedy this.
- This outfit really demanded a pair of denim shorts, so I've gone with the simple pair from the default inventory. Well textured and featuring a cute little belt, they're perfect for this look.
- I didn't have any cowboy boots on hand, so I went with these clompy boots from Moxxi in Port Town [Blink Teleport to City] since they have a bit of a work-boot vibe. If they're not quite your thing, try a pair of running shoes instead.
- The finishing touches for this look are my perennial favorite wavy blond hairstyle from Shade City [Blink Teleport to City], and a freckle cosmetic layer. Of course, after yesterday's post about sharing makeup layers, I just have to offer my country girl freckles too, so click here to download them!
- Finally, today's pictures were taken in Arcadia [Blink Teleport to City], my favorite place to take desert-themed shots, like my regal Pharaoh mummy costume!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Wandering through a few recently updated cities, I noticed that Danielle Eber of Tirion Designs had recently released a cute little plaid keyhole top and a cowboy hat, and I instantly felt the urge to put together a killer country girl look. A lot of the outfits I've put together in Blue Mars have been over the top in glamor and fantasy appeal, so this was an opportunity to get my hands dirty and go for a slightly more rural look... Though I'll admit it's more suited to a farm photo shoot than an afternoon of heaving bales of hay around!