First off, here's an excellent video tutorial by Marlii Revolution about creating and editing your cosmetic layers in Blue Mars' face editor! When you feel ready for something a little more advanced, check out her wicked zombie makeup video tutorial too!
With the basics out of the way, here's a review of some of my best makeup tips and tricks:
- Create metallic makeup (one of my favorite little tricks to this day!)
- Apply real life makeup techniques like contouring to Blue Mars avatars
- Design convincing cuts and scars for the perfect tough-as-nails look
- Keep your cosmetics shapes as smooth and clean as possible
- Use symmetry for perfectly balanced makeup layers
- And of course, the most important tip of all for this contest -- Export and share your Blue Mars cosmetics!
Don't forget, here are only 5 days left to submit your makeup contest entries for a shot at BLU$ prizes and fashionista fame! Remember to post to Plurk or Facebook and then email me to enter! Check out all the details here.
- Look angelic with freckles and bright, luminous lipstick
- Go goth with dark lips and darker eyes
- Be queen of the Nile with striking eyeshadow and flared eyeliner
- Brave the cyberpunk frontier with a Blade Runner inspired mask of black eyeshadow
- Embrace your inner pinup with retro-inspired cosmetic styles
- Conjure up a fantasy-inspired look with metallic makeup in unexpected places