My scar is a little rough and faded for the sake of realism, and it involves only two layers, one violet and one pale pink.
- First of all, I stretched out the sharpest-edged oval shape until it was very thin.
- Next, I rotated and placed it across the middle of my face.
- I tinted this layer violet and made it very sheer before I duplicated it.
- I then made this new layer pale pink and more opaque, and layered it on top of the violet shape.You can play with the transparency of both layers to get your desired effect, but bear in mind that if it's too dark it will look painted-on, and if it's too light it will be too hard to see.
- I reduced the size of the pink shape just a little, so the edges of the violet shape would show and give the marking some depth.